Wednesday, March 28, 2018

The Endo Photo Challenge 2018: Days 21-25

Welcome back to our walk-through recap of my social media posts for The Endo Photo Challenge 2018. Today, we look at days 21-25!

Day 21: Comfort
When I am in the throes of an #endometriosis flare, nothing is more comforting than snuggling up in a comfy blanket with my kids and my #heatingpad while I have #essentialoils diffusing around me.

___________________________________________________________________

Day 22: Endo Sister
An endosister is a fellow #endometriosis sufferer and I have no idea why it took me so long in my 33 year #endo journey to find them. When I was first diagnosed, it never even occurred to me to look for others to talk to or connect with. I guess I never realized how common the disease was even though #1in10 women have it. When my endo came back last fall, I happened upon a social network for people living with the disease - www.myendometriosisteam.com. I now understand the importance of having these endosister connections as the friends I have met through my time on this network have been invaluable! They have supported me through yet another endo-related surgery, one helped me identify a pelvic floor physical therapist closer to home, and the virtual hugs and messages have lifted me up when I felt so discouraged by my recurrence. In turn, I have had the opportunity to share my experiences with them, support and encourage others. Being more vocal about my endo, I have also come to find that several friends I grew up with are endosisters. I just never knew until I began to be transparent and open on my journey. They understand my pain...first hand. Endometriosis can be a very isolating condition but it doesn’t have to be. There are 176,000,000 - yes, that’s MILLION - people living with this disease worldwide. Find a few of them. Connect. I promise you, it will be worth it.

___________________________________________________________________

Day 23: What I'm Doing Now

Totally NOT #endometriosis related but... I’m a #mom and currently, I am in full-on #pageantmom mode as my youngest daughter’s greatest 2nd grade wish is to become #LittleMissCaribou2018. The #pageant is tomorrow so we are up to our eyeballs in #tulle and #tiaras right now prepping everything for #dressrehearsal tonight. The bottom line: life goes on...even when you live with #endo.

___________________________________________________________________


Day 24: Surgeries

Surgery is the only way that #endometriosis can be officially diagnosed and after dealing with chronic #abdominal pain since my teenage years, I was diagnosed through #laparoscopy in 2006 at the age of 33. I have had four additional endo-related surgeries since then.

2006: Diagnostic Laparoscopy with Endometriosis #Ablation
2007: Laparoscopy with Ablation of endo
2008: Laparoscopy with #oopherectomy and #excision of endometriosis
2013:
Radical #Hysterectomy
2018: Laparoscopy with #Appendectomy & excision of endometriosis


___________________________________________________________________


Day 25: Biggest Achievement With Endo
I never thought I could do it. I thought I was destined to be heavy my entire life but despite suffering with my endo and the physical limitations it created for me, I lost 120 pounds after my #hysterectomy and have kept it off for almost 4 years now.


___________________________________________________________________

Want to see them all?  Follow me on social media at:

Facebook:
facebook.com/painintherearendo
facebook.com/theendoalliance

Twitter:

Instagram:

No comments:

Post a Comment