Saturday, March 3, 2018

My Second Little Miracle

So, for those who are just joining the story, in the spring of 2010, we were living in Tennessee and my husband was working for a live-in group home children's ministry called Bethel Bible Village. I was out of work after being fired due to my debilitating fight with endometriosis.

Just two weeks shy of my complete hysterectomy - with only one dysfunctional ovary remaining and severely painful stage 3 endometriosis - we had miraculously managed to conceive. How about those odds? Not to mention the threat to the baby that came from withdrawal from my pain management protocol.

March 2010: 5 months

Well, this second biological baby was about to throw a total wrench in our living situation. Due to census requirements, we were unable to have additional children of our own and continue living in the house - which was part of the job requirement. We knew that God was moving us in a new direction, but we had no idea where.

We began looking around for jobs while praying for wisdom and guidance. I wasn't becoming less pregnant and we needed to transition quickly because it wouldn't be long before my ability to assist would be even more limited. I had just come off all of my pain medications and although some of my pain took a hiatus during the pregnancy, I still had scar tissue and nerve damage pain that did not go away. I also had an exceptionally difficult time with morning (more like all day) sickness - a huge variance from my first pregnancy - all throughout my pregnancy.

May 2010: 7 months
When we weren't hearing much on the job applications Jim was sending out in Tennessee, my parents suggested moving home to northern Maine. "We can't just move there," I told them. "We need a job." After praying on it, we sent out a few applications just to see what would happen. When Jim began having phone interviews and getting phone calls asking how soon he would be able to start, we began to realize that maybe we just needed to take the leap.

In April 2010, we moved to my hometown in northern Maine. I was a little more than 5 months along in my pregnancy and had already gotten my records transferred to an OB/GYN who also happened to be married to one of my childhood friends... #smalltownperks


The remainder of my pregnancy was fairly uneventful and on July 13, 2010, we welcomed our second little miracle, Emily, into the world.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment