Saturday, March 31, 2018

The Endo Photo Challenge 2018: Days 26-30

Welcome back to our walk-through recap of my social media posts for The Endo Photo Challenge 2018. Today, we look at days 26-30!

Day 26: Advice for Other EndoSisters
These are four bits of wisdom and #truth that I have clung to over the years. It took me some time to give myself permission to be ill on days where I really had no choice. I would beat myself up - tell myself I was a horrible #wife, #mother, #employee, #friend... When you have a #chronicillness you can’t worry about what others think. You just have to focus on the people who love you and accept you...flaws, strengths, limitations, good days and bad.


___________________________________________________________________

Day 27: Support Network
I didn't post on this day because I had already shared about my favorite support network on Day 22. MyEndometriosisTeam.com is a platform that I wish I had known about back when I was first diagnosed.  Through connections made on this support network for people suffering with #endometriosis, I have found #support, #friendship, #physicians, #physical therapists, suggestions on medications and therapies to ask my providers about. I have been inspired to begin the process of starting a non-profit to assist endo sisters in receiving the financial resources they need to access skilled endometriosis excision. To say that it has been invaluable would be an understatement. 

___________________________________________________________________


Day 28: Favorite Place to Be

#Hotel rooms: Many years ago, I totally offended my very best friend by telling her that her brand new condo-like apartment looked like a hotel room. I truly meant it as a compliment and I felt horrible that she got upset. Honestly, I LOVE staying in hotels...even more so now that I have kids and have had years of being bed-ridden - here’s why:
1. It means I am traveling which is my most most favorite thing to do!!!
2. It means I am traveling and therefore not laid up with my #endometriosis.
3. I love the clean and new feeling of a hotel room (obviously in a reputable hotel). It is something I am unable to duplicate at home and even less so now that I have kids leaving their crap all over my bedroom and bathroom at home.
4. Although I am surrounded by an eclectic array of things at home, I truly do appreciate the minimalist look of a hotel room...simple and sleek...it’s very de-stressing to me - like sleeping in a yoga studio.
5. I have made a lot of amazing memories in my various travels throughout my life and so to me, a hotel room signifies #goodtimes and new memories to be made.
.
BONUS: You don’t have to make your own bed! Now, if only I could bring my Tempur-Pedic mattress with me to each one...

   
  ___________________________________________________________________



Day 29: #Selfie

___________________________________________________________________

Day 30: Breakfast

I know this may be controversial coming from a health and wellness coach, but I don't usually eat before 11am. I practice daily #intermittentfasting and usually only eat between 11am and 7pm. Calorically, I still consume three meals, but I keep them between those hours. My standard "breakfast" consists of #bulletproof #coffee - #organic dark roast coffee blended with #coconutoil and #grassfedbutter.


___________________________________________________________________

Want to see them all?  Follow me on social media at:

Facebook:
facebook.com/painintherearendo
facebook.com/theendoalliance

Twitter:

Instagram:

No comments:

Post a Comment